• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Antenna booster?

blu92in99

I hate you all, equally
Okay, so FM reception in the 945 is good but not fantastic. It's a '95 so it has the antenna in built into the left rear quarter window. I love the clean lines of not having a traditional antenna poking out, so swapping out to the older setup (even though reception is better) is not an option.

My question is this; has anyone used a powered in-line antenna booster? If so, what did you use and how well did it work?

I've already read reviews on the one model they carry at Crutchfield, and have read reviews on a few other models sold through Amazon but the reviews on everything seem to weigh more heavily towards the negative side. So I'm looking for feedback from TB'ers who have actually used one.

Do you have the small rectangular box that converts the coaxial cable to the two connectors for the window antenna?
Is there any chance that this might not be working correctly? I've got one here that you're welcome to borrow for testing if that would be of assistance?
You'd only have to pay shipping for a very small parcel to test it.

Let me know.
Bruce

Also do you have the stock headunit in it? or an aftermarket one...Ive got an aftermarket with the same in glass antenna in my 855, and I didnt hook up the wire to power the factory antenna amp, for 2 years i couldnt figure out why the reception sucked. Then went hmm....radio reception now is just fine

Mark

Aftermarket HU (Clarion ProAudio DXZ555MP), and yes the antenna amp/switch lead is hooked up. :)

The reception doesn't suck (it's good but not great) for what it is, but it's definitely less powerful than a mast antenna that's 3' above the vehicle roofline. The in-glass antenna in my 855 had a farther range...and they're both '95s.

There is a bulletin for this issue if i remember right, for more rural areas with poor reception. The fix is to put a mast antenna on it, no joke

Mark

Back