• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Clutch pedal snapped⁉️😩

sc0terdad

What is it with Volvo and their stupid affair they have with plastic clutch parts.

Anyways looks like my clutch pedal is done for. Any typical fixes here
(that won’t break(I’m not gonna go through the jbweld/plasticweld/plasticbonder shenanigans again))

If not are there any decent aftermarket options for replacements??

Super bummed.

IMG_2494.jpegIMG_2495.jpeg

You definitely need a proper clutch pedal pivot pin. nathaninwa made several aluminum 7/9 series clutch pedals. Maybe, you can beg for one in the wanted section. Nathan is no longer on here. He was a very good fabricator.

You definitely need a proper clutch pedal pivot pin. nathaninwa made several aluminum 7/9 series clutch pedals. Maybe, you can beg for one in the wanted section. Nathan is no longer on here. He was a very good fabricator.
Well I’ll try.
Wish me luck, hopefully there are other options out there too

Get rid of that bolt I can guarantee you that the bolt wore down the clutch pedal because of the threads
That’s the plan after I get some sort of replacement pedal.

I didn’t even think to originally check the clutch pedal pin to make sure it wasn’t sketchy. Sure as hell wish I did

That’s the plan after I get some sort of replacement pedal.

I didn’t even think to originally check the clutch pedal pin to make sure it wasn’t sketchy. Sure as hell wish I did
I try to not buy modded cars anymore unless I've seen their prior work. I recently bought a car that wasn't modified but had some questionable things done to it.

I would browse the swedish stuff like KL Racing. The Swedes have the solution with some type of racing shop. Maybe that MKM motorsports the guys were mentioning with the tranny swap threads. Volvo may still sell the pedal for some chunky money.

Sort of related thread

Also this might be what you need:

Sort of related thread

Also this might be what you need:
Much appreciated

I try to not buy modded cars anymore unless I've seen their prior work. I recently bought a car that wasn't modified but had some questionable things done to it.
As much as I knew that it was a risk, at the same time it was almost too good of a deal to pass up.
Forged pistons/rods b230f+t 15g m47, BNE suspention with Koni yellows and BNE camber plates and fairly clean for $4300 Canadian. With some other goodies to boot.

Do I regret buying it, no. Still I sure wish the previous guy put a pin in the clutch instead of a bolt.

Right so I’ve just ordered a pedal from VP I may end up reinforcing the pedal with some aluminum plates. I may not.

See you in 3 weeks 🤷‍♂️

Back