• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dunlop Direzza DZ101 Tires

I have heard good reviews about them, the only people I have heard talk bad about Most dunlop tires are the bike guys.

Either way good score

I run the extreme summer version of the Dunlop Direzzas on my M5, phenomenal tire as long as the temps are above 45 F. I'm a Bridgestone guy at heart, but those tires sold me on Dunlops too.

I think you got a great deal.

Glad to hear I scored, usually I get screwed:oops: I just need to find a good place around Hampton Roads that does high speed balancing, and I need to replace the bushings in the front suspension so I can get a proper front end alignment, or I'm afraid these tires may cup easily since they're pretty soft (300 treadwear index). Also, if anyone has a decent set of 4 chrome center caps for the 10 spoke 740 wheels (Sirius? I need to check the wheel guide on here) let me know. I guess I should post that in the "wanted" section. Should I stick with 34 psi inflation or less?

I have the dz101 star specs on my car.
Great tires.
like all the ultra high performance tires I've tried, when the temps get near freezing, they change from awesome to kinda sketchy. But that's not what they were designed for.great score.

Oh, and the max pressure on these tires is higher than normal...I've been running mine at 41 psi...but if im gonna do some more spirited driving, I drop it to 32-34

I think that the max listed on the sidewall is 51?

I have the dz101 star specs on my car.
Great tires.
like all the ultra high performance tires I've tried, when the temps get near freezing, they change from awesome to kinda sketchy. But that's not what they were designed for.great score.

DZ101's are NOT StarSpec's.

i have the dz101 on my geminis 215/50/16

great grip, AMAZING in the rain.

great high performance summer tire 300 treadwear on the cheap $60something new

So, judging from the price of these new and what reviews people have of them, the DZ101 tires seem like an "entry level" performance tire to me, but they are in nearly new condition and the price was great, so I feel it was a good score. I think I'll really keep up with the inflation and rotation of these, since the biggest complaint I've read of these are how quickly they wear and the noise they make. I'll review them in a separate thread once they're mounted, if anyone's interested.

Back