• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My '91 744 B204GT project

Well...what a plot twist. The car has been sold to New York! What looked to me like some kind of scam at the beginning turned out to be a real deal. The car is leaving Antwerp port in few days and going overseas.

I hope it'll have a good life there, and guys from US you have a great chance to spot it in real soon :-P

Bye bye my turbobrick...I enjoyed working on you! Now it's time to bring the joy to someone else :nod:
IowWbCTh.jpg

cat converter

Hi Thomass,
Since the deal is made, not your problem, I guess, but I wonder how the new owner will be able to register the B204GT in the US, which is a non catalique converter car compared to the B204FT. Or did I miss something???

Rijk

Last edited:
ty vole!!! Tebe člověk chv?li nesleduje a v?echno je jinak! Prodal si to se v??m co si k tomu měl a nebo něco zbylo?:):party:
Haha no uz to je trochu dyl nez chvile :) na export lodi do US nesmi bejt v kufru nic nez origo vybaveni, tj. lekarnicka, rezervni kolo a hever...takze ta hromada veci co jsem k tomu mel sla k Adamovi a Pedrozovi z fora co ma taky b204gt ;-)

Hi Thomass,
Since the deal is made, not your problem, I guess, but I wonder how the new owner will be able to register the B204GT in the US, which is a non catalique converter car compared to the B204FT. Or did I miss something???

Rijk

it depends on the state, but many have exemptions for ~25 year old vehicles or special rules for imports or they could register it as an antique/historic vehicle. Or some other states have no safety or emissions inspections at all.

Hi Thomass,

Rijk
Hmm not really sure, in US I think it's different from state to state, some have more relaxed rules than others especially for oldtimers. The new owner is going to write a blog so I'll put a link here if he's ok with it ;-)

https://scontent-bos3-1.cdninstagra...3aac60ab4a04d04b60&oe=612300FB&_nc_sid=5eceaa

Excuse the potato quality of the picture. Owner of the car here. There are no issues with registering the car, in theory. The place where the vehicle is currently being registered (Massachusetts) doesn't run emissions testing on vehicles 15 years or older. At 21 years or older, the U.S. EPA exempts cars from its emissions requirements. Since the car is currently exempt from both, no problems. All states with the exception of California and Hawaii are pretty straightforward in this regard.
Now, in practice, explaining this and getting your papers in order from a US government employee that, guaranteed, can't be bothered...and just wants you to leave so they can clock out...that's another matter altogether.

Back