• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Official LH2.4 EZK Wasted Spark Conversion - Installation Instructions

I am about to order parts for the wasted spark conversion of my 1998 940 Turbo and I have a few questions about ignition modules. I was planning on buying a Bosch 0 227 100 203 but they seem to be sold out.
Can I use the 2-channel Bosch 0 227 100 200 instead?
The shop also has Hüco but the part number is not displayed, would any 2 or 3-channel work?

The modules are sold without the cooling plate that the 940 OEM module has. Can I run the new ignition module with a cooling plate?

I am about to order parts for the wasted spark conversion of my 1998 940 Turbo and I have a few questions about ignition modules. I was planning on buying a Bosch 0 227 100 203 but they seem to be sold out.
Can I use the 2-channel Bosch 0 227 100 200 instead?
The shop also has Hüco but the part number is not displayed, would any 2 or 3-channel work?

The modules are sold without the cooling plate that the 940 OEM module has. Can I run the new ignition module with a cooling plate?

Hi All,
Long time lurker and regular on ozvolvo, first time here.
I am part way through a COP on a 16 valve B234 and having an issue. Current setup is a CFLmoto/Buchka wasted spark board that works fine with the Bosch 203 igniter and Bosch 2x2 motorsport coil.
Using the VAG COPs though only one COP unit works per channel at a time, so 1 and 2 work though only when 3 & 4 are not connected. Plug them all in and it just stops. COP Bosch pn is 0 986 221 024/VAG pn 06A 905 115 D which I thought would work. @ipdown mentioned many years ago here that they worked fine with a dwell adjustment in the EZK.
The chip for the dwell adjustment is on the way (in Australia here so it is a while to get most things shipped) though it appeared they would work without the dwell change and run hot - at least run for a few minutes.
There was talk of adding a couple of PNP transistors for a different coil - tried that and no fire at all. It was a long shot though worth a try.
Does anyone have any advice or ideas on what may be the problem and what may be a solution?

Hi, has anyone a diagram for the circut on the wasted spark pcb? Is it a attiny microcontroller on the pcb? Can someone send me the code and schematic so I can make my own? Not for business use, just want to do the most myself, tanks in advance🙏😊

Edit: or if someone can take high resulotion pics of the pcb👍

This may have been asked before, but I'm about to throw one of these in my 245, and was curious if the original spark signal still gets sent out of the ezk. I was looking to install the chip before all of the wiring in the car, do the job in a couple of steps, and wanted to make sure that was possible.

Back