• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The new look.

I got the timing set to 10* btdc now. My timing was afvanced at 292* that’s why I couldn’t see the timing mark.

Now I have to get the cranking pulse up so it’ll catch I think.

Last night I was messing with it and realized I had a couple settings off. I changed them and it started to catch. I took out a plug to see if it was gassy and I broke it. Doh

I barely got it running again after being gone. It runs real rough and I need to start messing with the fuel maps. I’ve been reading a lot on how to make timing afr and fuel maps. I’ve been working on them. I realized that I had an na fuel map that I bagged from someone so I made a new one. I basically made all new maps for the car.
I’m going to get a new battery today and try to clean up the idle a little.

I got some new tires for the old gal today. Gonna get them mounted on the multix’s that Jack powder coated for me

ebilyD8_d.webp

Here it is with the new wheels. That. VERY NICE GUY Jack powder coated for me.
The damn nongrounded main relay left me dead in the road for a minute. Luckily the car saw the cops circling and jumped back to life

I’m tempted to rewire this thing again. This yoshifab harness has been nothing but headaches and sadness. Everything else is golden with the car but electrical issues just keep arising over and over. I’m at a crossroads and am unsure what I should do. If Josh would accept my return, it yank it in a heartbeat but he said no I have to wait for a replacement that likely will never come.

I’m tempted to rewire this thing again. This yoshifab harness has been nothing but headaches and sadness. Everything else is golden with the car but electrical issues just keep arising over and over. I’m at a crossroads and am unsure what I should do. If Josh would accept my return, it yank it in a heartbeat but he said no I have to wait for a replacement that likely will never come.
Have you tried testing continuity with the harness? Seeing if there’s any shorts or open pins?
Inspect all the crimps to make sure they’re correct and solid, and not crimped on the insulation.

Have you tried testing continuity with the harness? Seeing if there’s any shorts or open pins?
Inspect all the crimps to make sure they’re correct and solid, and not crimped on the insulation.
I have. I spent so much time going every solder joint, ground point crimped connector you name it. Everything seems good. Yoshifab said that I’m losing sync on the crank sensor and that’s why it cuts out.

I have. I spent so much time going every solder joint, ground point crimped connector you name it. Everything seems good. Yoshifab said that I’m losing sync on the crank sensor and that’s why it cuts out.
Wait, there’s solder joints in an automotive harness???

Last edited:
Back