• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Troubleshooting Turn Signal Stalk options

Djw21a

Car Specifically:
93 940, Rex/Regina, AW71, 1041 differential

Things of note that I used?
Electronics Cleaner---I read the can and it said it was plastic safe*explained later*

Question/Problem/Steps I've taken:
Recently I noticed my cruise control wouldn't do jack. Figured it was some bad connections in the system because the vacuum lines looked rock solid. Even though the diagnostic system came back 1-1-1 as in ALLS OKAY IN STUPIDSVILLE:-P. I was right.

Brake pedal bleed off switch for the cruise control- The contacts were very corroded solution? Simple carefully disassemble with aide of razor blade to wedge under retaining clips spray with some electronics cleaner put a dab of battery terminal(Very small dab) on metal contact surfaces and reassemble----Easy Peasy

NEXT: Heres where i'm having the hiccup guys

The turn signal stalk cruise control button was sticking and NOT allowing signals to be sent. How I know? I inverted myself in my drivers seat disconnected the pigtail and went to town with my multimeter in continuity mode. What I did next? I pressed the button on the end of the stalk and sprayed some electronics cleaner here as well and all seemed right in the universe of my 93 940 however....

I think I might have sprayed to much cleaner inside the stalk because now when I turn the ignition on and try to switch on my highbeams with the stalk the light on the instrument cluster comes on and the highbeams themselves come on. BUT when I release the stalk and let it go back to its normal position the highbeams disengage leaving me perplexed.

Thanks for the help in advance guys
DJ

Problem solved. Turns out leaving your cars sunroof open during a downpour doesn't help @ all. Something I seem to still be answering for half a dozen years later.

Stalk needed time to dry etc. Also it needed power from headlight switch. Seems I have several breaks in my wiring for my switch.

Liquid tape + drying time = perfectly operational.

Back