• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Key chains arrived from Roger Dee for this those who ordered.

PS. I may be making a very quick trip to the Kootenay's this weekend making carport sausage attendance difficult. If I am heading to carport sausage I will bring the key chains for distribution.

Last edited:
So I think I've counted 7 people planning to show. Correct? Anyone who needs my address can PM me.

There's room for the first Volvo to park back by the carport, to provide the appropriate Volvo atmosphere, but the rest will have to park on the street out front.
I'm afraid you'll have to downgrade me to "maybe", so much going on that day, Imma try to make it work though.

So is this still worth doing? Seems like only Mark and Sim are in for sure. We can always postpone until some time in April if that will mean a better turnout.

I see you every other week or so ripping up the hov lane at boundary.

I may shown up at sausage fest depending on timing with the wife's plans. Might even bring the toddler for fun- was there a time discussed?

Me? Doubtful since I'm rarely in the HOV lane.

2:30 sound OK?

I think Athal meant Mr. and Mrs. Kardboard? :lol:

Hello from Kyoto. Lots of Volvos in Japan, oddly enough. Saw a modded 855R in Shibuya, and a modded XC90 with VST goodies this morning in Kyoto.

Sweet! Anything I can bring? Some more 'dogs or burg's or somethings?

I think I have the sausage/bun/chips food groups covered, so if you bring anything go for variety. Maybe additional beverages, or something nutritious, if you think anyone would actually want that:lol:

Thank you so much for hosting Bruce and Sandra ( I hope my memory serves me correctly) the CpS2k16.

Did anyone take a picture for proof?

Double thanks to Jesse and Bruce for waiting with Naomi and me for BCAA to rescue Stan after the breakerless ignition (which I bragged about at least twice this afternoon) melted down. :oops:

M.

Looks like there's no visual documentation of CpS2k16, but we all know it happened. Thanks everyone for braving the rain, and let's hope Stan's fix is quick/easy/cheap.

Vancity Folks,

I paid this gentlemen for the subject M90 he listed here, also in the FS forum. We've been exchanging emails mostly outside of TB.....the short version is that Bryan Wiesendahl in Chilliwack BC has been paid for the gearbox, but has provided scant little info. since I paid him. Said payment was made via Western Union, as he doesn't have a PP account......as I understand it the only requirement to receive is the proper ID (his BC drivers license info which he has sent me).

Last email on Jan. 20th, with pics showing the M90 in a nearly completed crate. The shipping is complicated due to weight, border crossing/duty, but I said I would handle those details and prepay the shipping from my end. Of course I have no phone# for Bryan, but due to the snails pace of comm. regarding the shipping I'm beginning to worry. There are certainly legit reasons why someone won't respond to repeated email (illness, out in the backcountry with no service), and of course there is the other possibility......in this day and age, EVERYONE has daily feedback from their hand held comm. devices, so I know my messages are being viewed if he is still among the living.

If any of you fine folks know Bryan, or can vouch for his character, I would appreciate a PM with any background info. you have on him. Thank you.

Well I thought I'd announce for the Vancity folks, this story finally has the desired happy ending. The seller delivered the M90 to DEK2688, who will carry across the border to Blaine WA for shipment down to Georgia. It only took him 2.5 months, but at least he finally delivered. My thanks to a fellow TBer who did a lot of internet reconnaissance, and (believe it or not) determined where the guy's wife worked! A phone call to her, and the logjam was broken. I'd almost given this up for dead, but my sincere thanks to John in Great Falls who was key in bringing this to completion!

Back