• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

First snow of the season (and a rescue I'll be doing asap)

is dog gate ? in this pic :

2012-02-14_153629.jpg

it just looks like some sort of vertical bars along the side windows. if it were dog gate, wouldn't it be across the front of the cargo area ? it almost looks like some sort of strange thick-gauge safety glass, like you'd see in windows on the door at a school or something (tho that's usually a diamond pattern obviously).

You referring to the dog gate? Or just the seatbelt bracket bar thing?

Yea, we've had over 100" in town here, so dam fun to drive in, but man do I want a posi. That $450 price tag for a brand new unit off ebay just looks better and better.

I'm bead blasting my struts right now, then grinding the welds to raise them. You only went 3/4" right? You've got plenty of space with those tires?

I found that Jeep Cherokee front springs work in the rear of our cars, are stiffer, and will provide a nice lift. I picked some up used, going to try that instead of spacers.

Did you fit 7 series shocks to yours yet?

Yeah I read about the Jeep springs too, need to track down a set.

I got a good 1" of space between the tires. You could go higher, but keep in mind that you would have to compress the spring more when reinstalling it. Where I'm at I'd be safe to go even with a 215-75-15 tire, which the 28 x 8.5 14 is about equal to. I'll take a pic of the tire and spacing tomorrow.

I haven't put a 7 series shock in, still got a 2 series back there. I want to raise the rear some more , it looks low in the recent pics because the back corner of the car was buried yesterday. I was just thinking about making a drop mounting bracket for the original 2 series shock and go that route instead.

The 7 series shocks will be too short for the Jeep springs.. So you'd want to do something else besides that.

like a Venetian blind, but vertical and made for the windows ? pretty crazy. probably rarer than louvers for a 242/4 if an accessory part.

Those "vertical lines" are some old school alumninum sunshades , they really do work well too!

I am too. I was worried i was going to have to just abandon it for a few days until the snow melted off.

The wagon was sitting right above a ditchbank that had a 2' drop, so it was just hanging right on the edge so to speak. The snowbank was what was pretty much holding the car up. I even had it jacked up in that photo of me putting the chain on. If it would have fell into the ditchbank I would have been screwed for sure.

Ha, those pics of you stuck are great, you musta been having quite a fun drive before that!

Thanks for the info, parts up in Ak aren't as easily to come by since we don't have picknpull, I don't want to screw up my extra struts I'm using.

I'd be interested in those brackets for the shocks. I picked up a set of used bilsteins and I'm pretty stoked to ride on them rather than my blown out crap! How are your shocks holding up? You said that they were pretty old, right?

Your car rocks!

I have bilstein HD's upfront which of course perform great. The rear KYB gasadjusts which are working fine but they easily get over-extended. Once I can make a drop bracket they will work within their normal range and I don't expect any difference in lifespan from them.

Dig around in the trucks section at the yards....

Often find longer eye-to-eye Billy HDs...

Might save ya from making the drop bracket....

Though going to yards might be tough, given your location....oops.

Leave it b20 if possible I'd think?
Something kind of beautiful about a strong b20 with fresh head and steel oe Volvo timing gears. No new fangled tbelts and headgaskets or any of that noise.

What about a well rebuilt set of hif-6 on b18 intake, 140 airbox and late exhaust manifold?

Then again, sus are real sensitive to altitude change. Msefi with djet parts probably better.
Amm cars when all is right seem to run well all altitudes. 0 or 6k no problem.

Good luck with it.

Back