• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1983 242 AKA Wallie

This build is still happing. Things are moving at a snails pace...over Xmas I picked up a sandwich plate/oil cooler also picked up some more stuff from STS Machining during their moving sale. Installed the 3rd block mount. almost immediately it is such a nice product! strongly recommend..
hyRImEEl.jpg

Oil Cooler

2DRLFR4l.jpg

also did some "Shop upgrades" in the past few months as well.

I added a new to compressor and built a larger workbench for all the fun still to come in the build.
zvITl1gl.jpg

So much better then my lil 30 gal!

Nice and study bench that was immediately full after being built
xQBMTxol.jpg

But now to all the new FUN photos
So about last Wednesday I received a message from a member here....We talked in the past about his car. sadly the city was threating to come get the car because it looked abandoned so he reached out told me I can have his suspension AS LONG AS I take the whole car....after a quick conversation with the wife she told me go get it and well now we are here!

ZlI7XKkl.jpg

zI0YQxcl.jpg

vV3WdcSl.jpg

The car is fully bagged...

As of today I now have the front fully bolted up and mounted in the 242...

ctbipBql.jpg

Old nasty OUT
zYfpV5Al.jpg

Bags IN!
EGjlYyRl.jpg

Still figuring out my wheel and tire set up The wagon has 14s on it My 242 had 15s...tucking the 15s
FHCiCCJl.jpg

These will not be the actual wheel and tire package on the car... Maybe at first (if I can run them) might even run the 14s for a lil while
Really hoping to have some major progress in the next few months Really would like the car to fire and run under its own power so I can button it up and ENJOY this car!

Got the rear suspension on the car and buttoned up some loose ends on the front end today was finally able to put it on the ground today....and DAMN I am in LOVE with how this car sits now.. Still need to finish up the complete air ride set up... Ran out of time today to run to a shop that is local to pick up some needed supplies to plumb the car hoping to get some of that done tomorrow

All these photos are technically how the car will sit "aired out"

4KLBlqgl.jpg

NAblU09l.jpg

and for fun...my Wife's Jeep 35" tires are about 3-4 inch taller then my front fender...
LIm6Q0Ul.jpg

Kind of a crappy picture only noticed it when I pulled her jeep in before I had to run off to work.

Back