• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

8v microsquirt rpm specific lean swing

Thanks for taking a look. You're right about the AFR and VE not lining up. With the cold ambient temps I was seeing that event 2-300 rpm higher than "normal"

I guess the point is that with the offset, the shape should be different, and it's mostly not. There is a little waver to the rich side, and looking at the PW/VE slope maybe that's what that is, but I was expecting more of an S. And you're welcome. It's good to see the other side from time to time to remind yourself of how lucky you are :-D

Was this ever resolved? Have been experiencing the same exact problem ever since going standalone MS2 with 1000cc FIC High Z injectors. 2500-2800rpm I experience a HUGE lean spike, engine completely falls on its face to about 16:1 AFR. Both hard acceleration and steady state causal driving. I have been increasing VE in all cells within the range which has helped a little but seems like the wrong way to go about this. Some cells I've needed to increase +20! Only possible solution I've found elsewhere is to install a fuel damper to smooth out fuel pulsations within the fuel lines/rail. Another is switching to sequential injection instead of batch fire. Would really love to hear if this was solved. Thanks!

Lots of things can cause you to run lean. Untuned table, no acceleration enrichments, dying or underpowered fuel pump (I had the latter).

I assume you're wideband sensor is working properly.

Is this in all gears or just high gear? Post a pic of your VE table or upload a copy of your msq.

Last edited:
I basically tuned my way around this to an acceptable extent. Then I switched to a better designed cam from Sweden, which was timed to manufacturers specs and it improved dramatically. Then I took off the RSI head and put on a more efficient, better designed head from Erland Cox and it’s completely gone.

Thank you for the reply! Interesting, I'm glad you got it fixed. So do you believe it was caused primarily by airflow through the cylinder head rather than fuel?

Thank you for the reply! Interesting, I'm glad you got it fixed. So do you believe it was caused primarily by airflow through the cylinder head rather than fuel?
yeah that's my operating theory. I haven't made any fundamental changes in the fuel or ignition systems over this time, besides fiddling with VE tables. All of the changes I've seen were from the cam and the head, I honestly think the cam was really my problem.

Back