• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ability to rebuild original 240 heater fan motors

hessam69

With reading about the fact that the aftermarket fan motors available from IPD and similar suppliers being the wrong type (do not fit properly), does anyone here rebuild the original factory fitted ones? Or is there a shop that does this work?

The scope of work involved in the labour of changing this motor means that I would rather not risk an incorrect aftermarket motor.

Thanks in advance

Just buy the kit from GCP. It looks like the price came down, probably because it's going to be discontinued once the stock is depleted. The price includes VAT which you won't have to pay although shipping won't be cheap.

Yeah, what Ian wrote is the deal 🤪^^ if you want the good kit. You gotta buy the one from Volvo. It was 360$ last time I looked and it's made in Taiwan but it is a copy of the proper heater fan motor setup.

BNE is interested in providing a rebuild service. I have a fan motor I'm going to send him. Procrastination got me with that. I'll have to do that soon.

Yeah, what Ian wrote is the deal 🤪^^ if you want the good kit. You gotta buy the one from Volvo. It was 360$ last time I looked and it's made in Taiwan but it is a copy of the proper heater fan motor setup.

BNE is interested in providing a rebuild service. I have a fan motor I'm going to send him. Procrastination got me with that. I'll have to do that soon.

Has he done any yet?

I would much rather pay him than GCP

in for custom BNE billet machined hampster wheels on a 2hp motor that comes in purple, blue or gold anodized blowing tornados in your dash

I haven't gotten anywhere with it beyond ideas floating around in my head.
I do have a car that needs a blower motor so that's a good catalyst.

getting some more used ones to look at would certainly be helpful

Back