• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

aluminium coolant expansion tank

VolvoLatAm

Has anybody here ever used or fabricated an aluminium coolant expansion tank?

After 40 years the main ones are leaking down here at the seams, the replacements are coming out of the factory with bad threads for the caps...

C5IyF05.jpeg

Has anybody here ever used or fabricated an aluminium coolant expansion tank?

After 40 years the main ones are leaking down here at the seams, the replacements are coming out of the factory with bad threads for the caps...
Which replacement reservoir did you buy, OE or aftermarket? We recently bought an OE reservoir and it's working fine. The aftermarket ones are junk.

My aftermarket one started leaking pretty quick. I put the original busted, yellowed, cracked one back in with no leaks.

I've also wondered about the aluminum ones with tube to show the level but the ugly factory one is working fine for now.

My aftermarket one started leaking pretty quick. I put the original busted, yellowed, cracked one back in with no leaks.

I've also wondered about the aluminum ones with tube to show the level but the ugly factory one is working fine for now.
when cars break down it's usually because of rubber or plastic...so I would prefer an aluminum tank with a sight if it gets rid of the factory plastic one

Back