• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b230 with a 16v head?

Btw would i have to bring the engine to you or is it something you could send to me then i send the jig back?

The Jig we send to you for a rental fee and you cut them yourself for much less than sending the pistons out and time wasted waiting for the pistons to be cut and time to remove and re-install said pistons. Save time, save $$, and get the same or better results if you don't do anything really dumb, like not follow the instructions. The hold up now is the test, and then write up with pictures so anyone can achieve the same results. Tech support will be provided, unless you call at 4am our time.

PJ

I'm going to fly cut the pistons using the cylinder head itself as a jig. I'll report back how my success (or lack of) goes.

Pretty much what we are doing but we are using cutters specifically made for this by a company that has been making these cutters for 30 years. It is an old racers trick by the V8 crowd when they run larger cams and need more clearance at the pistons. And I am answering this next question one more time, because it gets asked each and every time we talk about the cutters jig. Shavings are a non-issue, when you use masking tape over the bores, the tape keeps all the shavings out.

Cheers

PJ

Where would one purchase the relief cutters? I've seen them before, but do not recall where.

What do they usually run each?

That would be somewhat proprietary. You need two cutters and the cost just for the cutters alone is about $190. We are using part of a 16V head to hold the cutters and a simple set up to lock the crank or pistons in place. The rental will have a refundable deposit of at least $200. And probably a time limit to keep it from ending up at one location and never leaving. We will keep TB posted when we feel confident about all the answers.

PJ

And stealing a pic from Camerons thread, large blue pulley on the lower right of the motor is what the extra cam gear is for..

fullsize_295.jpg
Is there a thread for this

Ok ive read for like a few hours now and my questions are still not answered. Help please:):)

#1 Can i just put a 16v head on my B230 change the timing belt and call it good?

#2 Do i need to get the bottom crank pully also off the B234?

#3 I have not found any info about doing this in a 240, will the minifolds just bolt right up or is there modding involved?.

The motor im building is a B230ft... Distiuber has already been changed to the normal 240 spot.
Any help would be awesome!!
If you do nothing else you really should buy the crank pully with a proper keyway from yoshifab or whoever has it, the stock ones are flimsy and are know for breaking when you add an extra cam. The b234f manifold fits in a 240 but the brake booster is in the way if you want anything going to your throttle body, anyways there are reports that the flow distribution is pretty uneven anyways,... so really your going to need some type of custom intake. Depending on your turbo apparently you can fit it with a b230ft manifold and adapter plate, If you plan on using a J pipe just know that the water to air oil cooler doesn't fit under the b234f manifold with out modifications. Also you will need a DSM CAS or shortened distributor because the block mounted distributor wont fit when you install the head. These are pretty much the main issues of getting it to work in a 240

Back