• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Desert Meet 2024 8/3 - 8/4

volvo_cowgirl

By popular demand! During Davis I was talked in to doing Desert Meet again...

Dates: We're gonna do it the same weekend that Hot August Nights kicks off (August 3-4), so Northern Nevada will be completely full of cool old cars. Yay! Also the drag strip has an open track that Saturday.

Activities will include:
- Open track Saturday at the Top Gun drag strip near my house, Saturday 6pm -midnight, $30/unlimited runs
- Fun drive up 341/Six Mile Canyon to Virginia City
- Fun runs on the small sand track on my property
- Camping on my property
- Hot August night shenanigans
- Reno/Sparks Cars & Coffee on Sunday AM
- Potluck/BBQ
- Fixing all the cars that broke on the drive over
- General tomfoolery and alcohol

Other optional/possible activities:
- Shooting - if you have/enjoy target shooting of firearms and own them legally there is an open shooting range just behind my house which you are free to use
- A drive through Tahoe
- C&C at a local Volvo shop...TBD
- Lake shenanigans at the nearby Lahontan Reservoir...watercraft with engines highly encouraged
- Other suggestions??

I promised Nat and Eric from Amazon Customs that I'd get the dirt track sorted before Desert Meet so that will be a thing this year.

More details to come! DM me to RSVP!

Thankfully NOT the weekend of our inventory this year so we should be game. Hopefully by then I can get the brake situation figured out on the wagon and make the run up to VC or something like that, haven't had the car up that road yet!

If you end up getting a meet going with AC, maybe I'll have to drag the 140 from the mothballs!

Activities will include:
[...]
- Fixing all the cars that broke on the drive over

I'm kinda wondering why this item needs any official sanctioning... :-P Will there be timed contests, too? Not to mention handicaps assessed based on the weight (or lack thereof) of a toolbox, and bonus points for using duct tape and bubble gum in lieu of OEM parts?

For example, someone who happens to have the perfect tool kit and exact spare part might get kudos for the forethought, but no bonus points for creativity. I'm not sure exactly how such scoring would work.

Also, inquiring minds want to know a prize list. After all, if you're gonna dangle a carrot, ya gotta make it enticing... :lol:

Bahaha. Yeah, great idea, let's have a competition. Just to keep it fair, no one can work on their own car, but not to worry, I've got plenty of redblocks that need fixing! We'll have plenty of neutral judging criteria! 🤣🤣🤣

I'm kinda wondering why this item needs any official sanctioning... :-P Will there be timed contests, too? Not to mention handicaps assessed based on the weight (or lack thereof) of a toolbox, and bonus points for using duct tape and bubble gum in lieu of OEM parts?

For example, someone who happens to have the perfect tool kit and exact spare part might get kudos for the forethought, but no bonus points for creativity. I'm not sure exactly how such scoring would work.

Also, inquiring minds want to know a prize list. After all, if you're gonna dangle a carrot, ya gotta make it enticing... :lol:
You should see my Intercooler hose that I fixed there last year. I should have thrown it on the car for Davis

Back