• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Elusive brake issues 83 240

ethelthevolvo

Hi all,
I have a 1983 240 that I’ve been chasing bad brakes on. Master cylinder replaced after I lost brakes completely driving it home from purchasing. Drove better after that for maybe a month, then developed a hiss when depressing the pedal, so I did the booster. All was well until the caliper on driver’s front started smoking, so I had that replaced, then the brake failure light came on and again, lost pedal pressure completely, but only for a second. The light remained on. Got it into the shop and they suggested replacing the junction block. Driving it home today it was fine for about a mile, then the failure light came on again and the brake pedal slowly lost pressure each stop. They were still working, but took pressing until nearly the floor to get the brakes to bite. Can someone point me in the direction of where to look next? Could the repair shop have made a mistake?
Thanks

Back