• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Injector size for 4inch AMM

If you base the new AMM on the 016, the injectors will be 891 cc/min for petrol and 1237 - 1472 cc/min for E85.

Actually, 1355 cc/min is the medium value for E85 with this AMM size, and if you look at my E85 thread you can figure out why I presented the injector size for E85 as a range instead of a definite number (you can run richer with E85 to gain power, supress knock, adjust the burn rate etc. or run it much leaner to get better mileage and/or to adjust the burn rate.

So I can go for 1355cc and fine adjust it with an adjustable FPR? :)

Yes I have a stock 3" but i dont know how big the stock injectors are

What's the difference in AMMs choice for such an application? Or for making a custom tube at all? The reason I am asking is that I swapped my dead 016 with a 021.
Do you mean a 012?

So I can go for 1355cc and fine adjust it with an adjustable FPR? :)

Yes I have a stock 3" but i dont know how big the stock injectors are
Then you don't have a 016?

Do you have a 012? Because that changes the whole equation.

Do you mean a 012?
I mean the one with the adjustment screw (the 016 I had before didn't have it). By the way is it ok to swap a b200g ECU in without changing the 200f ICU?(my car was stalling randomly at idle so I decided to cure everything at once (AMM,ECU,lambda delete..). And as I'm at it, are b200ft chips the same as 230ft (considering rebuilding with 200ft pistons or engine swap for a 230). Sorry for thread jack)))
Could you give us more info on the use of those different internals for custom AMMs (yes I read the FAQ)?

Last edited:
Its the stock one on B204FT, 3" AMM..
And the stock injectors are 337cc/min I guess.

Then what I said before is not correct.

Then I will present a new number as soon as I get home from work in a few hours. Hold on until then and it will be corrected.

Here we go...

When going from the 012 AMM (72.5mm) to a 4" home made AMM (101.6mm) and the stock injector size is 337cc/min, the injector size for petrol will be 662cc/min and flow for E85 will be 919 - 1094cc/min. The medium value for E85 is 1007cc/min.

That is enough for 450HP+.

What's the difference in AMMs choice for such an application? Or for making a custom tube at all? The reason I am asking is that I swapped my dead 016 with a 021.
You need to use the same AMM system, and the same calibration curve.

That means that the bigger version of the 016 is the 012.

Are you sure you have a 021 and not a 012?

EDIT:// I didn't see before that you wrote that you had an AMM with an adjustment screw in it. Do you have a 740 2.0?

The 021 AMM should be the same as a 016 so there should be no difference, but the 021 has an adjustment screw to set the CO/lambda.

Last edited:
I mean the one with the adjustment screw (the 016 I had before didn't have it). By the way is it ok to swap a b200g ECU in without changing the 200f ICU?(my car was stalling randomly at idle so I decided to cure everything at once (AMM,ECU,lambda delete..). And as I'm at it, are b200ft chips the same as 230ft (considering rebuilding with 200ft pistons or engine swap for a 230). Sorry for thread jack)))
Could you give us more info on the use of those different internals for custom AMMs (yes I read the FAQ)?
You need to give me more info. What engine do you have in your car now? A B200F or B200E? In that case you can put the B200G ECU in.

The B200FT chips are not the same as the B230FT chips.

The different internals you can use to make a custom AMM are just the 016 and 012.

Ok, thanks. I think you covered all my questions. I do have a b200f. as I said it was stalling at times so I changed the AMM for a 021 and the ECU for the one from a b200g, cut out the cat, didn't touch the lambda sond or wires. It runs fine, but with a 3.31 finaldrive it is no more as fast as before with the original 3.91 (but now it's a locker and I don't get caught in snow))and it was free..so..and may be it gives me some fuel economy as distances are long here). Anyway I have to figure something out with a performance upgrade (make a b200ft out of mine avoiding the +t with 10-1 c/r or swap it for a 230ft or 204something if i find one with all the following registration headaсhe).
The reason I asked about AMMs is because we tried to make a custom AMM based on 021 internals for this car http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298490 before it went Haltech and it ran like crap.

Here we go...

When going from the 012 AMM (72.5mm) to a 4" home made AMM (101.6mm) and the stock injector size is 337cc/min, the injector size for petrol will be 662cc/min and flow for E85 will be 919 - 1094cc/min. The medium value for E85 is 1007cc/min.

That is enough for 450HP+.

So around 1000c injectors fits for my b204ft? I know I have the 3" lmm (72.5mm?) but I dont know the stock injector size

So around 1000c injectors fits for my b204ft? I know I have the 3" lmm (72.5mm?) but I dont know the stock injector size
The stock injector size should be 337cc/min, same as the late B230FT.

And 4" AMM is big. Are you sure you want to go that big initially? My main concern is the ignition timing. You will probably never be able to run it on petrol.

I won't run it on petrol ;)
So larger AMM affects ignition timing? I'm sure it will run on rich E85 ;)

I won't run it on petrol ;)
So larger AMM affects ignition timing? I'm sure it will run on rich E85 ;)
Yes, I think it will work very good with E85.

But please cvoncider that you may have to change the AMM size slightly if 4" is too much.

I know people who have used 4" AMM without a problem, but on lower CR B230's (7.5-8.2).

Back