• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for Fuel Accumulator Bosch # 0438170034 or equivalent.

1983244GLT

My fuel accumulator ( Bosch 0438170034) on my 84 GLT is leaking and I cannot source a replacement, What alternatives are folks using? I did read about the suffix 040 part being used. Any feedback? Thanks in advance!

Probably gonna have to order it and wait till it comes in. FCP Euro lists it for about the lowest price I saw. It's what you have to deal with when running a kjet car and something like that fails.

Probably gonna have to order it and wait till it comes in. FCP Euro lists it for about the lowest price I saw. It's what you have to deal with when running a kjet car and something like that fails.
Unfortunately they are discontinued .

Not ideal to bypass it with kjet as it's used to dampen the fuel pump pulsations. If it's not dampened then the air flow plate will move up and down with the fuel pressure and cause uneven running.

It's there mostly to provide residual system pressure. I ran my K-Jet without one for few months for the same reason- couldn't find a replacement. Learned to prime the system couple of times before cranking after sitting, that was the only inconvenience. Not ideal, sure.

This one says it's for 78-82 cars, is there a huge difference?

That's the one for the n/a cars. Notice that it has a vent to go to the fuel tank vent fitting. If you plug up the vent fitting it may work OK on a turbo. It's a bit less fuel volume than the turbo one but it should work ok.

My fuel accumulator ( Bosch 0438170034) on my 84 GLT is leaking and I cannot source a replacement, What alternatives are folks using? I did read about the suffix 040 part being used. Any feedback? Thanks in advance!
Vapor lock driving you crazy? It might be your fuel accumulator. The fuel accumulator is used to keep residual pressure in the fuel system, thus helping the engine re-start in high temperatures and preventing vapor-lock. Pelican carries replacements to get you back up and running.

$209.

I have a "034" if anyone needs it, brand new. I have a 83 242 and it would not connect to the main fuel line, both the line and the inlet were basically the same size

Back