• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Master cylinder reservoir grommet

DavePolyakov

I can't find any high-quality seals for the reservoir to the master cylinder. I've bought the aftermarket ones from IPD and replaced them every 2-3 months because they don't last, it's getting quite frustrating. If anyone knows where to find some good ones please let me know!

They are NLA from Volvo.

ATE is the original manufacturer of the grommets and they are also used by Mercedes, but I don't know which models. I believe the Mercedes part number is 000 431 09 50.

I might have a pair made by ATE or I should be able to still get them from a wholesale supplier.

The grommets that IPD is selling appear to be made by MTC. Unfortunately, another example of the crappy quality parts that are being made and sold because the OEM sources aren't willing to continue supplying them mostly because they can make more of a profit selling the lower quality ones. And it wouldn't surprise me if ATE isn't making them anymore.

Left is ATE grommet and right is the garbage aftermarket one IPD offers. You can clearly see that the lip on the ATE one is way more profound and of higher qaulity. Would not recommend ever buying the IPD one, it doesn’t last.
E05-A35-DA-29-BE-4219-AC19-DE451-F38-D908.jpg

Back