• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

PacNW 2007 Pictures- Post yours here!

245gti

Adapting Stuff
Here are some of mine...

8AM Friday morning...all shiny and ready to roll. 700 km to go...

DSCF0224.JPG

DSCF0225.JPG

200km later a few more were added to the ranks...

DSCF0226.JPG

DSCF0229.JPG

Much driving ensued...

DSCF0230.JPG

DSCF0231.JPG

Trying to show the altitude but got nothing but reflections...cool anyways. Altitude was 1870 meters or 6075 feet. My red 122 did ok. The white one was huffing and puffing (as was its owner :-P) most of the climb but it made it without any drama. Oh...and that's my speedometer too...

DSCF0234.JPG

Kyle must be a model. He can spot a camera from a mile away... A few shots of where we stayed or...parked anyways...

DSCF0237.JPG

DSCF0238.JPG

DSCF0240.JPG

DSCF0241.JPG

Our cabin...

DSCF0242.JPG

The dining room...

DSCF0243.JPG

And the chef...

DSCF0244.JPG

John's car is here...where is John? Oh...this must explain something...

DSCF0246.JPG

Getting ready for the Saturday sightseeing cruise.

DSCF0248.JPG

One of few times we actually were going slow enough to take a picture. This is Slocan Lake taken from an area known as Slocan Bluffs. This area was scorched by the forest fire the week before and there were traffic controls in place...

DSCF0252.JPG

DSCF0249.JPG

DSCF0250.JPG

DSCF0251.JPG

Fast forward a couple of hours...we are in a quasi ghost town...

There were a bunch of old trolley buses. Why? Who knows? The yellow 245 belongs to Greg (volvoshredder)...

DSCF0256.JPG

Interesting story about this shed...hiding inside was a '57 Chevy Nomad! Didn't look restored or anything...just sitting there...

DSCF0263.JPG

Once we left the ghost town much spirited driving ensued. We had to stop to catch our breath once in a while...

DSCF0270.JPG

Craig and I were wishing we brought the fly rods. We followed this stream for about 30km...

DSCF0274.JPG

After that drive it was time for a relaxing dip here...very cool place. There is a main pool as well as a cave that goes back into the mountain. The water flows out of the rock back in there and is very warm. It's also a sauna because it's so hot. Very cool place...

DSCF0278.JPG

And there is a nice view of the lake too...

DSCF0277.JPG

Back at camp we let these two hang out for a bit...

DSCF0279.JPG

I think they came to be good friends...:-P

DSCF0280.JPG

Roll forward to Sunday now.

What's this? Another Volvo come to join us?

DSCF0283.JPG

Well...sort of. Actually we went to join it. Spotted along the road to get to the camp was this rig...

DSCF0282.JPG

DSCF0287.JPG

DSCF0286.JPG

After a photo shoot with the old one some headed home while others headed to Cody Cave. Had we known what we were in for, we may not have gone but...once we were on the road, there were few placed to turn around. 10 km, 1 hour to get there. Yeah...the road was nasty...

DSCF0291.JPG

No...that's not the road...:-P

This is...

DSCF0297.JPG

DSCF0300.JPG

DSCF0303.JPG

The Volvord has never been so dusty...

DSCF0304.JPG

The fire was still burning and they were using helicopters to dump water. I missed the bucket but got the chopper...

DSCF0308.JPG

Finally...Monday we headed home. Part of the drive was a ferry ride...

DSCF0318.JPG

DSCF0315.JPG

Closer to home...this is a bridge they're building in the Kicking Horse Pass...

DSCF0321.JPG

DSCF0322.JPG

DSCF0323.JPG

After that I put the camera away and drove the road I've driven dozens of time to get home from the west coast...

All the shots are here...

http://www.calgaryvolvoclub.com/gallery/v/Pylon/PacNW+2007/

Dale I want to make love to your 122.

It's taken...:-P That little white number kept flashing its headlights at it...:lol:

Awesome pics, Dale! Your 122 looks great :)

Thanks...the 122 is simply amazing. This year I did nothing to it except change the plugs. I haven't even hooked the Megasquirt to a computer since last summer. It just takes all the abuse I throw at it and keeps on ticking.

:drool:

that gravel road wasn't nasty, looked like lots of fun!

of course I can say that with my beater, whereas i'm sure you guys didn't appreciate the rocks in your nice show cars.

Boy do I wish I was there.

F&ck!!! I missed out again! Looks like you guys had a good time.

I forget about this every time. I'm currently in the process of fixing up the 740 for a big road trip to Vancouver and back. The first leg of my trip looks pretty similar to the route you've taken here.

now that looks like good times...why is there always one or 2 random cars..that is uber annoying

I was just wondering because of the massive rake.

The rake is due to the front springs not doing what they're supposed to...hold the front end up. It sits less than 1/2" off the bump stops. This will be fixed over the winter and the car will not sit so low at the front and will not have so much negative camber...

Other Cars

lot of cool cars. looks like a fun trip. but what's up with the VW Bug and the other non-Volvo's? :rofl: :) :cool:

The VW was my wife following me (she was on the way to Vancouver for the week, and I wasn't sure the white car would make it :) )...the rest were the rides of people that had car mishaps at the last moment. Relax.

Back