• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

phenolic spacer questions

VolvoLatAm

I am restoring another b23a other markets volvo with a pierburg dvg with a properly tuned carb, vin is: YV1244818D1873266
When the motor is hot with hot weather, (hot start off gas valve is working) the car does not like to start without a little pedal action...feels like vapor issues
I am thinking of testing a phenolic spacer to isolate the carb even if it takes longer for the car to warm up. (I may even make one out of wood to test first)

On my car based on the vin it says to buy this:

The bolt pattern does not match the square intake manifold side for the square side, here is a picture of the pierburg dvg:
1025949_z_0002.jpg
Here is a pic again of the phenolic spacer with some curves:
1063226.jpg

however, the pn 3501514 from Skandix on VP brings up this which appears to match the bolt pattern but says b18 b20 motors only:
419888.jpg

Does anybody have any ideas?

The only wood that will tolerate those temps is fire rated tempered Masonite or a really hard wood like teak

Just find some Poly plastic at an electronics store. Pps, psu

Almost all 2 strokes use some sort of spacer or rubber intake to isolate heat soak.
Jet skis use pholenic spacers to do exactly what you want.

what does your intake temp get to?
if there is pre detonation would yoshifab spacers be better for what you want?

The only wood that will tolerate those temps is fire rated tempered Masonite or a really hard wood like teak

Just find some Poly plastic at an electronics store. Pps, psu

Almost all 2 strokes use some sort of spacer or rubber intake to isolate heat soak.
Jet skis use pholenic spacers to do exactly what you want.

what does your intake temp get to?
if there is pre detonation would yoshifab spacers be better for what you want?

hehe you know how common teak is where I live?

b23a has coolant passages on the intake manifold so yoshi is not an option

It looks like a 4 bolt spacer for S/U/,Stromberg carbs. What is the ID?. The first picture shows a hole between the outer mounting holes, likely an idle air circuit? I have many of the spacers, but the first picture has the extra holes.

The spacer Skandix is selling is listed as a 'service alternative' for the original gasket, part number 3501513 in the parts catalog so it should be the correct part despite the extra holes. It's still available from Volvo. The spacer VP is selling will probably work but it's technically for earlier carbs.

The spacer Skandix is selling is listed as a 'service alternative' for the original gasket, part number 3501513 in the parts catalog so it should be the correct part despite the extra holes. It's still available from Volvo. The spacer VP is selling will probably work but it's technically for earlier carbs.
do you all have any of the original in your inventory?

I doubt it since we didn't get carb'd 240's here. The original part is described as a gasket, not a spacer.

hey guys, I took a look at a carb that was out of a car and there is an idle circuit in one of the holes in the bottom, so that spacer from VP won't work unless it is drilled out

Back