• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Requesting pics of lightly tinted windows

Allrounderco

I'm thinking about tinting the glass on my 940 wagon. I'm fine with the way it looks now, but summer's around the corner, and this thing has a lot of glass. In addition, the car lives outside, and my last one had some fading on the velour.

Anyway, I'm wondering how a wagon looks with 70% VLT or lighter. Grey interior a plus, and white exterior plus plus. So post 'em up, if you'd be so kind.

Thanks

This is cheaper than good tint, and personally I like it more than tint. They do custom sizes, and I plan on making mine servo controlled, so they flap open on a switch

There are few pictures of tinted white 945's in the last couple of pages of the Showroom thread: https://turbobricks.com/index.php?threads/post-pics-of-your-volvo.56763/page-500

index.php

This is cheaper than good tint, and personally I like it more than tint. They do custom sizes, and I plan on making mine servo controlled, so they flap open on a switch
That's pretty damn cool! It doesn't seem like they close (probably a nightmare to design it that way reliably), but that would be a plus since I might camp in this car someday.

There are few pictures of tinted white 945's in the last couple of pages of the Showroom thread: https://turbobricks.com/index.php?threads/post-pics-of-your-volvo.56763/page-500

index.php

O wow--that's pretty much what I was hoping for. I scanned the last couple pages you linked, but your's is closest to what I would want: subtle but noticeable.

Nice car in its own right, too. I find it's hard to shake the granny vibe from light colored ones, but also found a top box goes a long way to lending a youthful look. On that note, did you custom paint that Yakima. Looks like a dead match for the Polar White. I was thinking of doing the same with my older, fading Thule.

Thanks! They are not painted- Yakima boxes did come with white tops back in the 90's but not any more. Don't know what percentage of tint I have- just bought the car like that.

That's pretty damn cool! It doesn't seem like they close (probably a nightmare to design it that way reliably), but that would be a plus since I might camp in this car someday.
They close, they have a custom made bracket, they are really well built. The cheapest tint quote I got for my wagon for good 3m tint was 600 bucks, so I will either tint myself or get the blinds

s-l1600.jpg

They close, they have a custom made bracket, they are really well built. The cheapest tint quote I got for my wagon for good 3m tint was 600 bucks, so I will either tint myself or get the blinds

s-l1600.jpg
600?

You need the Vato weekend price

Until you drive with windows down and it all rattles like a worn out whore’s mattress

Until you drive with windows down and it all rattles like a worn out whore’s mattress
You forget, I want for a 765, good AC is available. I would be surprised if there is a lot of rattle, these are put on lots of older cars with little to no AC.

You forget, I want for a 765, good AC is available. I would be surprised if there is a lot of rattle, these are put on lots of older cars with little to no AC.
I had a car with these 20 years ago. I threw the blinds in the trash

Limo Tint or go home.
Your interior will thank you
I can usually let myself be talked into anything. In this case, I'm not going to be swayed. I've found that darker windows can make a car feel gloomy to me--especially during the New England winters, which are gloomy in themselves.

s-l1600.jpg
Oh cool!

I haven't so much as called for a tint quote, but it is a lot of area to cover, so a lot of money seems justifiable. I'm a broke stay at home dad / writer, so I figured it would be DIY regardless of price.

I can usually let myself be talked into anything. In this case, I'm not going to be swayed. I've found that darker windows can make a car feel gloomy to me--especially during the New England winters, which are gloomy in themselves.
clear uv tint.

I have the rear hatch blinds installed into my wagon. No rattle with windows down.
It is more difficult to stack items in the back because they can damage the blinds easily.

Back