• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Requesting pics of lightly tinted windows

Its not factory mounted. Volvo used a well nut type thing to mount the racks. There was also a rubber gasket thing. No car manufacturer is going to just screw a roof rack on.

Its not factory mounted. Volvo used a well nut type thing to mount the racks. There was also a rubber gasket thing. No car manufacturer is going to just screw a roof rack on.
You've convinced me. Apparently I've never given it enough thought to realize how ridiculous it would be for a company like Volvo, who goes to painstaking lengths to make rust resistant cars, to have an accessory mount the way mine was. I didn't know what a well nut was. Looking it up, now it makes sense why the hole in the roof would be so large when the hole in the rack can only take maybe an M6 fastener. I honestly thought there would be a threaded boss under the roof skin, which would be revealed when you drill through. Sound ridiculous? It is, but early new MINI factory crossbars mounted that way. Anyway, it was hacked, it doesn't matter who did it (although I still believe it was the dealer). Thanks for the info.

Back