• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rocker trim mounting parts

DME

vague member
The long black trim on my driver's side, under the door, is loose and flopping around. PO "repaired" part of it with some type of sloppy adhesive.

I ordered what I thought were the correct clips: https://store.voluparts.com/volvo-240-rocker-panel-clips/

But obviously, I'm missing something, because there is no way to physically connect the clips to the trim. Can someone help me out? What am I missing here?

exZLFZJ.jpeg

Those are correct. Push the barbed side of the trim clip into the holes in the rocker panel, then, tap the center pin into the clip until it is flush with the clip surface. Then, snap your trim onto the clip. Use Windex on the clips before attempting to put the trim on. Windex is slippery and helps the trim slide over the clip.

Reactions: DME
Those are correct. Push the barbed side of the trim clip into the holes in the rocker panel, then, tap the center pin into the clip until it is flush with the clip surface. Then, snap your trim onto the clip. Use Windex on the clips before attempting to put the trim on. Windex is slippery and helps the trim slide over the clip.
OK, this makes sense. Thank you! I thought I was losing my mind when I was staring at everything.

Back