• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SeanHodgins 1981 242 GLT

Today was a day.

Picked up the donor car, but now unsure if it should be a donor because it looks to be in too good of shape. Except, I currently don't have the ownership and could be difficult to get from the owner. Car was given to the shop where they had all the work done on it, didn't want to do the last repair and just gave it to the owner of the shop a few years ago. It was used for a few parts and sat for a few years but otherwise in good condition. The owner of the shop hasn't been able to get ahold of the guy to get the ownership from him and the shop is moving soon so he sold it to me to lighten the move.

XpbiwYWh.jpg

n0psMweh.jpg

Dang. That thing looks pretty good to cut up.
I know... I think its a 93 too? Has a P on the VIN. I'll have a better look underneath. If there are some holes and stuff then I can justify it. But if its solid, I might push to find the owner more, because I want to drive it. lol

Some sheet metal parts came in, but can't find the LHF jack member anywhere, sold out and NLA. I really don't want to hack up the wagon...

OQxFi1Uh.jpg

Nice work!

I am going the other direction with the radiator support. It will all be made out of some square tubing, so i can adjust it all and make it fit all the intercooler and lights etc as it will need to haver as much space as possible for the happenings.

Love it!

Nice work!

I am going the other direction with the radiator support. It will all be made out of some square tubing, so i can adjust it all and make it fit all the intercooler and lights etc as it will need to haver as much space as possible for the happenings.

Love it!
Thats a good idea, I could still do that if I plan on beefing up intercooler and rad with something more modern. It was $70 and since I was shipping stuff anyway I figured worth it to have one around. haha

Thats a good idea, I could still do that if I plan on beefing up intercooler and rad with something more modern. It was $70 and since I was shipping stuff anyway I figured worth it to have one around. haha
Nice one! Currently i am attacking the under battery tray rail as it's got a few massive craters underneath, plus the battery will live in the boot, in one of the buttcheek remains, so i won't need it anyway. Also i have sourced a replacement rail piece for the job.

Be well!

I know... I think its a 93 too? Has a P on the VIN. I'll have a better look underneath. If there are some holes and stuff then I can justify it. But if its solid, I might push to find the owner more, because I want to drive it. lol
It looks really nice! Of course you have to find the owner.

Nice work!

I wonder how hard it would be to replicate the jacking points from scratch...

I'll need to stock up on some panels myself soon.

Be well!

Nice work!

I wonder how hard it would be to replicate the jacking points from scratch...

I'll need to stock up on some panels myself soon.

Be well!
By hand? Difficult. But If I was making a bunch I could send my cad file overseas to have them made.

Still removing pieces. These one were fun

Mobile still sucks, pics posted later

Last edited:
Digging through some parts bins trying to remember where stuff is, and came across this in the glovebox. Didn't know it was in there. For some reason it made me sad to see it.

iMPufYt.jpg

CVBFlmV.jpg

5btPABH.jpg

HC6i4eY.jpg

Last logged maintenance Jan 31 1989 - I was almost a 1 year old.

qIyUtqM.jpg

So much for those rust inspections! 😆

Back