• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Spoiler on early 240 trunk lid

Hank Scorpio put the 80s Firebird version on his 242 and it looked good. Personally I like the small lip spoiler like as used on STI and BMW. If you check out Hank Scorpios build in the front page project cars it'll have a picture. This was on the 79-85 trunk lid. Not sure how that would look on the early trunk.

Last edited:
I don?t have any pics but I used a Saab 9000 and a 900 spoiler on my 244. Not sure if you can find those anymore. The 9000 sits lower and flatter while the 900 is skinnier and has more height. Both fit good but eventually I preferred the spoilerless trunk lid.

The Foha 3-piece spoiler seems to work well on the 1967-78 cars, btw. It's thin enough that it doesn't hang over the bottom edge of the lid much.

What about the small lip spoiler fitted to swathes of the 1985-1989 Accord sedans? They?re a very similar width to a 240 & the trunk-lid is similarly very parallel-to-the-ground, so if a wrecker has one of those you might give it a try?

I have a firebird spoiler for sale if you want it. Here are couple of pics as mentioned above (not my pics, I think they are from Hank Scorpios thread). Note that mine does not have the stop light.

The fir is perfect, but doesn't suit side skirts on 240

OvnVieo.jpg

vcewIAV.jpg

Last edited:
What about the small lip spoiler fitted to swathes of the 1985-1989 Accord sedans? They?re a very similar width to a 240 & the trunk-lid is similarly very parallel-to-the-ground, so if a wrecker has one of those you might give it a try?

Here in the states, the 1986-89 Accords would have a wing, if they had a spoiler on them. Honda did offer a lip spoiler for the 1983-87 Prelude and one for the 1990-93 Accord (the CB series sedans and coupes).

Thanks guys im gonna start looking in the local yards for something that will fit/look good. Ill update this when I find something. Id like to go with something kind of low profile, nothing too big.

Three piece OEM spoiler. It was originally on an 86+, but it seems to mount fine on my 83. It's heavy though, the struts can't hold the trunk lid open anymore. We have a Saab spoiler made from the same material waiting to go on my son's car.

20220614_183413 by M. Blue 240, on Flickr

^Check to see if it'll fit onto the 142, since that's the style of trunk lid that the OP has.

More pics of the spoiler shown above for those with 1979-on sedans:

Side view:

Left rear view:

Right rear view:

That spoiler looks better on a black car. I wonder if you could color match that stuff because on the blue car it just doesn't look right being this big black spoiler on the cool blue color.

saab 9000 turbo spoiler painted to match with flex additive. Pic is from 2004 or so
mike242.jpg

Back