• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tilton Hydraulic Release Bearing and T5 notes

So why do the different bearing faces change the weight of the clutch pedal? And does this have any effect on the modulation of clutch engagement?

I am running the flat face because that's what the description said was correct for regular diaphragm clutches. I thought it felt good already, but if I can get it even lighter, that would be nice. (I have the 60-6104)

It changes the fulcrum point so that there’s more mechanical advantage on the diaphragm

Just installed mine (Tilton 60-6034 slave with a Wilwood 260 .7" master) and bled it (have not driven yet). In my experience, this is lighter than the 5/8" master with 740 3/4" slave that I was running before, but not by much. Definitely a world of difference compared to the completely stock 260 setup (3/4" master, 3/4" slave). Jury's out on whether the travel is shorter than what I had to deal with before. I'm gonna still call it heavy compared to a modern car, though.

For context, this is with a Yoshifab 235mm FX-250 clutch setup.

Just a quick question about Tilton 6000 part numbers are there are a couple of different ones listed here. For best results do I use the 60-6032 for a Ford Top Loader or the 60-6034 for the B/W Tremec T5? Or are both acceptable?

Just a quick question about Tilton 6000 part numbers are there are a couple of different ones listed here. For best results do I use the 60-6032 for a Ford Top Loader or the 60-6034 for the B/W Tremec T5? Or are both acceptable?
One uses a metric stud, the other one uses an SAE stud. Use the 6034.

I had a lot of issues using these tilton throwout bearings on Randy's flyin' moose car using M90 trans. We went back to the oem style and have never looked back.

Figured piggybacking on Sam's comment was a good a time as any to give an update:

Replaced a worn out Yoshifab clutch with a new unit. The pedal weight issues disappeared with the new pressure plate and disc. I'm suspecting there may have been either a defect or a significant difference in construction between what I have now and what was in the car before.

The pedal is now very light. What used to take 100-125 lb of pedal force to disengage the clutch has gone down to 20 lbs or so. I can release it with my hand without much trouble.

Other noticeable difference is that the thing disengages right at the top of the pedal. Feels like the first 30% of pedal actuation releases the clutch, and the remaining travel just overextends it. Will shorten the pushrod length and add a pedal stop to mitigate this. Unfortunately it will make the clutch pedal's resting position much further away than the brake. Guess I can change the resting angle of the middle pedal to be more in line with the accelerator now and make for a bit more legroom.

Back