• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Desert Meet 2023 (August 11-13th)

Hey all! Desert Meet is NEXT WEEKEND and the drag stip down the road will be open for business on Saturday night! I've gotten a lot of interest but very few formal RSVPs.

Please PM me if you plan on coming next weekend!

Thanks!

Definitely won't be around Friday night or Saturday as they opted to do inventory next weekend. We'll see when I get out on Saturday, may grab Erin and head over if there's anything left in the tank. Should be around Sunday.

Won't be running at the track, wagon picked up a cooling issue last trip over the hill, but I'll be rolling in the Runner for desert shens, and the winch is up and running to pull y'all out.

Hey y'all, got some good news and bad news.

Good news is I've had lots of interest and folks thinking this is a great idea that sounds like a lot of fun.

Bad news is I have three confirmed RSVPs....lots of maybes.

So here's what we're going to do:

Desert Meet now starts SATURDAY EVENING for drag strip night and shenanigans. Show up no earlier than 4 pm. PM me for address.

We'll hang out and BBQ from 4-6. Bring side dish to share, I'll provide dogs, burgers, and veggie burgers. Drag stip opens at 6pm and runs til midnight, $30 for unlimited runs.

Afterwards we'll party at my place til late.

Feel free to camp on my property, grab a motel, or I might have a couch or guest room up for grabs. Bathroom situation is use the 2nd bathroom in the house (or, there are plenty of bushes and a hose outside if you don't like indoor plumbing for whatever reason).

Sunday I'm heading up to Boca Reservoir for a lake and jet ski day. No admission/park fee, free to get in. Folks heading back to CA this is on your way! Bring your Volvo and we'll go for a scenic drive up to the Tahoe Basin. If you don't like lakes, there's a ton of fun, scenic, windy roads nearby for a spirited drive.

Bring your Volvo or whatever and come hang out!

Feel free to text me 408-499-3292.

Hope to see y'all Saturday night!

Perfect, sounds like a plan!

This will hopefully give me time to get my Amazon back together and see what that sweet B20 will do down the strip.

See y'all in (near) Reno!

I'm debating whether I wanna bug you for a ride. I know I cant afford the gas to go myself. Had to take a trip to SLO, ventura, than tahoe.

Thanks all y'all that came to the first annual Desert Meet!

Much fun was had, many beers consumed, no one died or got food poisoning, cars were fixed with gaff tape and glue, many parts changed hands, we saw a cool meteor shower, and Jimmy even managed to break 19 seconds on the quarter mile in his B20 wagon. 🎉

We'll do it again next year!

:nod: I'd call it an absolute success! With only 5 breakdowns along the way (and all cars getting home under their own power) it was the perfect level of TB fuckery.

Next year I'll crest 18s, and this time I'm buying the whiskey beforehand.

Back