• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Got the T5-R home in one piece... [pics]

Shane-- I don't know yet.

The car already has the 330mm rotors, so its the largest of Volvo's stock short of the S60R. I'm looking into a used set of 911 twin turbo brakes on Rennlist for $1000... I'm trying to see if Eurosporttuning can sell me just the brackets/mounting kit cause I'd really like to use that setup.

Even with the big brakes, it stops like absolute shit. Gotta get some pads on this thing for driving around here... its not very confidence-inspiring compared to the 740.

just checked the EBC catalog and they list 302MM for the C70T5 and 280mm for the stock T5. i would of thought the T5-R would of got the 302's as stock due to extra power

just curious are they really 330's or did you mis-type. you see lots of stuff at the dearler with the 302's now. even the XC70s and stuff.

bitjockey said:
Shane-- I don't know yet.

The car already has the 330mm rotors, so its the largest of Volvo's stock short of the S60R. I'm looking into a used set of 911 twin turbo brakes on Rennlist for $1000... I'm trying to see if Eurosporttuning can sell me just the brackets/mounting kit cause I'd really like to use that setup.

Even with the big brakes, it stops like absolute shit. Gotta get some pads on this thing for driving around here... its not very confidence-inspiring compared to the 740.

Go through the system after you get new pads on if you aren't satisfied...

My 850 stopped unbelievably well, I mean, put my mint E30 325 to shame... None of my 240s or the 740 could stop nearly as well either. It's a good stock system, the main problem is fade though... The brakes fade pretty badly, but in stock form they have very nice bite...

ravennexus said:
just checked the EBC catalog and they list 302MM for the C70T5 and 280mm for the stock T5. i would of thought the T5-R would of got the 302's as stock due to extra power

just curious are they really 330's or did you mis-type. you see lots of stuff at the dearler with the 302's now. even the XC70s and stuff.

Whoops. 302 is the correct size. I was reading IPD's catalog wrong.

[quote:07776eb380]robin did you win the lottery or something? new car, new toys....what's your secret?[/quote:07776eb380]

I sell my body for sex. And I take lots of Vitamin C. :-P

I hate the Ff***ngWD in any car brand, shape or engine size, but in the spirit of fair-paly: congrats for the buy! Too bad we lost a good man from the RWD side...

btw: I thought those 850Rs came only in two colors: yellow and black!

there's one more secret out there: being a pimp brings good money too... :badboy:

765 said:
btw: I thought those 850Rs came only in two colors: yellow and black!

It's been a while since I've seen the list of colors available, but I think the T-5R came in yellow, black, dark green, and pearl white (the first two are the most common).

The 850R came in red, white, and black. I'm not sure if they had a rare green or blue color, but I think it was just those three.

bitjockey said:
[quote:9e757d108e="Marlboroman"][quote:9e757d108e="760T man"]Robin, wouldn't the S60R brakes be close to if not a direct bolt on?

S60R brakes will not bolt directly on.[/quote:9e757d108e]

Do you know what the difference is, man?[/quote:9e757d108e]

You will need to modify these
http://www.johnny.nu/850r/bromsok/imagepages/image12.htm
(i don't know what they're called in english so i show them instead)

probably why you'd be better going with the porsche set-up. you could have the aporpriate bell made, or i'm pretty sure AP racing would make some 330x32mm in with the bell mounting u want.

then as the caliper is a bolt through to adapter design you just need some adapters made

Back