• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ken Rogers (Redwood Chair) Memorial Picnic, July 22, 2023

Another quote:

Hi there,
This is Ken's niece, Lauren (Rogers) Harrell. Thank you so much for being willing to post the announcement for Ken's Memorial! On TB, is there any way to do a headcount/RSVP list so we have a general idea of how much food to bring? I spoke with Monica and we decided on July 22nd (a Saturday) for Uncle Ken's memorial. It will be pretty simple, BBQ hot dogs, beer, etc. Ryan Fay has reserved Marx Meadow, Area 3 for the memorial and we have the site essentially all day, but for the invite, I was thinking open house format (people can come and go as they please) from 10am-2pm. There is plenty of parking along JFK Drive (see map below). Friends can just show up to reminisce and if they want to bring something: a potluck item, beach chairs, picnic blankets. My family will be coming up from Southern CA and we'll bring a couple hibachi grills, propane, a shade tent, hot dogs/sausages, buns, condiments, beer/Tecate, water, dessert, maybe a grass volleyball net (to entertain the kids).

I will attend.

I'll bring dogs, buns, condiments and becauseTB meet: Tecate and orange juice.

(I do not have a BBQ to bring. I will happily operate a grill for as long as needed)

Ping me if there's something more suitable for me to contribute.

Last edited:
I'll bring a ton of stroopwafels, he always had a pack when he showed up at my house. I miss him showing up to BBQ in Carmel with us and hanging out well into the night. More than once he wound up sleeping it off in the back of his 245, but good times were had. There's still a little of the scrap wood at the old house in Carmel, they still use it to start the fire pit.

Also if anyone is coming up from Monterey or Santa Cruz and needs a ride to this gathering, I'll have a couple open seats in the Subaru or whatever I am driving that day. Pickups from SFO if you are there by 0930, return trip may be on you depending on my timeline.

And 200ct box of Stroopwafels have been ordered. Reminded me of when Brian, 740TankDriver was at my house and being a total asshole. Ken had given him one, and when he was spouting his moronic, offensive garbage, Ken walked over and took it from him and walked away. NO STROOP FOR YOU. Russ remembers that more clearly than I (probably quite drunk by then) and reminded me of this fun. Later Brian started into his mentally defective, likely alcohol-fueled ramblings, insulting my driving (he talked shit about the Tentaclewagon, WTF?) FREE FUCKING FOOD, FREE GOOD BEER, FREE CHEAP WINE and hospitality. He was the ONLY person Russ told me directly to never have at our home again. Ken liked a lot of people, with a lot of different personalities, if he didn't like someone it was reason to avoid them.

Back