• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1980 242 GT. A reasonable project.

I've been a bit lazy lately--I just want the garage to be warm already!

The head, waterpump, and pan are on now. I did a quick test fit of the alternator and power steering pump, and in the process realized I had no idea how those brackets were situated before. I'm quite excited to be done with the old redblock tensioners and move on to this serpentine business. :)

Now that I know that all works, I can pull it back off and send some things out for blasting & finishing.

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

I just got the valve cover back with two 10an bungs welded on (with baffles). I need to decide on a color for powdercoating the cam cover, and once that is done I can put the cams in and install the cam cover for good.

DSC_0052.JPG

Here's the same transmission I used with the redblock--a getrag 265. I intend to use this with the whiteblock as well. I love the way it feels and seeing how all of the other incidentals are already in place, might as well keep using it. I'm in the process of drawing up a bellhousing adapter plate that will mate the getrag to a 960 bellhousing that I also have around. Can't wait to get that done... this is a bit of a learning process.

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

Another step coming up shortly is to modify the waterpipe. I have a 960 pipe ready to be modified as needed, but I'm going to wait to do anything with it until I have the turbo in hand. I *think* I want to do a GTX3067R and make use of the external wastegate flange already on the manifold. Admittedly, I'm a bit anxious about making that decision. :oops:

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

If you cut that pipe how you need it I should be able to weld it at work for cheep I tig pipe for Nuke and chemical plants now. I'm very excited to see, but mostly to hear this!

Back