• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Unofficial IPD 2023 Thread - 5/20/2023 Portland, OR

I'm planning on coming and I'll be driving from Nevada. Driving up 395 and through Bend if anyone is planning on going that way on Friday and wants to caravan.

Any TBers coming from down south (Vegas/AZ/etc) are welcome to crash at Rancho Volvo on their way north (my place in Fallon, NV). I'm right on US 95, near I-50. And/or join the caravan. Probably driving my whiteblock instead of a redblock again, but at least it's a 'Vo.

- Jo

i'm very intrigued by rancho volvo.
🤣🤣 I live on acreage in a very small Nevada farm town....but I only farm redblocks. This year's crop of Volvos is coming in nicely.

For real though, one of the Socal guys jokingly called my place "Rancho Volvo" a few years ago because I have so many, and the name stuck. I also have horses and whatnot, so it's appropriate.

CHEAP ACCOMODATIONS!

McMenamins Edgefield is close by and has "dorms" that are super inexpensive. You get your own sleeping room, just a shared bathroom. Cheaper than Super 8/Motel 6 last I checked. I was there back in March and it is a rad place to stay.

Their online reservation system is under repair right now but check back in a couple days.

I'll be there! I'm towing the yellow 242 down with the not-Volvo JDM Land Cruiser in hopes of re-homing it. No engine or transmission, but a somewhat clean shell that I would hate to see go to the scrap yard. Planning to head down Friday night and park the car on the street near IPD. Anyone have a bed I can crash at? I am also bringing a bunch of old RSI parts with me. I have a handful of RSI Turbo cams, NA cams, gobs of pistons, rods, MLS Head Gaskets, coil-over springs, ARP head bolts and main studs, a few turbos etc. I didn't rent a booth, so if someone wants to put some bling in their booth that would be rad.

Also, this will more than likely be my last IPD show, at least for a while. We are moving to Alabama next month, so I wanted to come down to one last show before I leave. Looking forward to seeing the gang again!!

Just a week to go! Looking for some local Portland new peeps to ride around with (after the show). Hit me up if you are interested or have a sedan back window louver for sale!

Im open to shenanigans friday/saturday. I just have to pick up my friend and her kids from the airport saturday night.

I'll be there! I'm towing the yellow 242 down with the not-Volvo JDM Land Cruiser in hopes of re-homing it. No engine or transmission, but a somewhat clean shell that I would hate to see go to the scrap yard. Planning to head down Friday night and park the car on the street near IPD. Anyone have a bed I can crash at? I am also bringing a bunch of old RSI parts with me. I have a handful of RSI Turbo cams, NA cams, gobs of pistons, rods, MLS Head Gaskets, coil-over springs, ARP head bolts and main studs, a few turbos etc. I didn't rent a booth, so if someone wants to put some bling in their booth that would be rad.

Also, this will more than likely be my last IPD show, at least for a while. We are moving to Alabama next month, so I wanted to come down to one last show before I leave. Looking forward to seeing the gang again!!
Not sure that I would leave any rig outside overnight anywhere near IPD. I work about 500ft from IPD, and the local campers will wreck your stuff for sure. If the 242 doesn't find a new home, I live on 10 acres to park it on just outside of town. You are more than welcome to crash at the house too - I have a couple guest rooms. Not a party house though.

Ohh yeah park it at my house, party at my house. Sleep in a hippy bus with farm boy! Looky look at my foosball champion trophy from the last Mullerson Christmis party! The wife and I won. I scored every point from the defensive position! Beat the raised on a foosball table bros, 5-0!

Whats the plan friday? I picked up some plans saturday night for a comedy show.

Some kind of get together at a patio/bar on friday though?

Whats the plan friday? I picked up some plans saturday night for a comedy show.

Some kind of get together at a patio/bar on friday though?
Oregon Trail Rally at PIR Friday evening, duhhhhhhh

Bonus they don't care if you bring beer there.

Back